Saturday, January 20, 2007

a suggestion and a question



I was just rocking Sienna to sleep (praise Jesus she is getting back to her normal self!!! for my frustrations, see our blog) and singing to her when Faith Like A Child popped out of my lips (and oldie but goodie) and I was racking my brain to think of another song to sing. Nothing came to mind, nothing except a few cheesy old Hope songs (which I do continue to enjoy) but lets face it, there's no way you can make Ancient of Days sound quietly soothing. So please help a sister in distress and suggest a few SUPER AWESOME worship cd's. Also Jared, is that bungalow still for sale? I'm secretly looking into houses in Holland, though not so secretly because now I've posted it for all the world to see. And here is a picture of Jeff in a tux!! First time I've ever seen him so dressy. We are all dressed up for a wedding that was December 23rd, isn't Sienna's dress awesome!?! And can someone tell me how to rotate pictures? I can't figure it out.

6 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

I don't know Faith Like a Child. I always only think of the songs my parents sang to me. So I'm waiting for suggestions too.

10:59 AM

 
Blogger MelissaLB said...

I don't know what bungalow you're talking about- but I'll look up some information for you! Anything:)
Sienna is very adorable in your pictures- I can't believe how big she's getting.

9:05 AM

 
Blogger Denise said...

Love Sienna's dress--and your skirt--and Jeff's tux!

How about Enter the Worship Circle? That is soothing--but you're probably looking for new stuff.

Please move to Holland!

2:29 PM

 
Blogger Simone said...

Oh, yes. We have suuestions for you.
Cadence's and ELi's favorite is, "There is a place that I know, where I need more often to go, a palce of amazing comfort and rest. Where a smile is never rare..." Cadence knows all the words, actually. We also play the Veggie Tales Night Time CD with a ton of great bed time songs. We als sing a variety of old family songs that have been passed down, but I'd have to talk to you in person to tell you what they are. They're not so uncommon.

2:46 PM

 
Blogger Jared Henderson said...

i like this band called "merchant band". you can get their stuff on iTunes. especially their second CD "the world can wait." some of my favorite songs are: come and let your presence, wonderful savior, you love me forever. I also am enjoying some stuff from Christ for the Nations Institute, like Running, Revelation Song, Prepare the Way, etc.

7:16 PM

 
Blogger kukailimoku said...

Jeff looks quite stunning there. Just for looking that good you should make him take you out on a date where he has to wear a tux and speak only in poetry. Or something like that.

About pictures - I think you need to rotate them in your picture editor before you download them. Get Jeff on it :)

Are you looking for worship songs for you or to sing to Sienna? Like Simone said, I have always sung "Arms of my Father." I'm a bit CD deprived right now. I don't buy at the rate I used to. I kind of like the Vineyard's new release "In Your Presence," although it has some predictability. I still listen to delirious, though.

1:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home