Thursday, January 04, 2007

Convenience Store Aficionado.....

I have come to the realization that I am a "Convenience Store Aficionado." I find myself planning trips around them! Speedway automatically keeps track of your fountain drink and coffee purchases.....every 7th one is free. (I earn a free one every 1.5 weeks on average). At Wesco by D&W, you can purchase a popcorn bucket for $6.99 and bring it in for unlimited free, buttery, movie-quality, popcorn refills for the remainder of 2007! Want to become a convenience store aficionado like me? Follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Get a Speedway or Wesco (or both) membership card. They are free!
Step 2: Revolve your errands around the closest Speedway or Wesco gas station in order to use rewards cards on items such as fountain drinks, coffee, and popcorn.
Step 3: Memorize all Speedway and Wesco locations between Holland and any long distance trips you may have planned.
Step 4: Purchase a large 64 oz. mug from Speedway to fill with the beverage of your choice...only $.94 for each refill!
Step 5: Look for the local chapter of "FPDA" (Fountain Pop Drinkers Anonymous) and try to admit you don't have a problem

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Henderson said...

Matt, I've been thinking about this post ever since I first saw it. I keep laughing out loud.

8:05 PM

 
Blogger karen said...

mike still has his 64 oz. mug from a visit with you. i should pull it out for him since he's always on the road for work. only trouble sometimes they can't stop to go to the bathroom; Friday was one such day.

4:39 PM

 
Blogger kukailimoku said...

Matt:

You have been developing your Speedway skills for years. I am glad to see they have come to full fruition. Thanks for the lesson. If only I were around to be mentored in it. Tell me though, how did you choose Speedway?

8:46 PM

 
Blogger Matt Swier said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:42 AM

 
Blogger Mr. Swier said...

Ben,
I chose Speedway because of their superior computerized method of keeping track of drink purchases. They also seem to be on every corner.

7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home