Friday, March 30, 2007

I Stand in Awe of the Pros...


I have a confession to make.....I don't understand how you women can shave your legs without falling over or slipping. Let me explain myself. As a cyclist I find that the spandex biking shorts I wear tear at the leg hair about 6 inches above my knee. Last week I had the bright idea of shaving just that 6 inch part. With that said, I am totally secure in my manhood to admit that yes, I have experienced the awkwardness of trying to wield a razor while standing on one leg in an environment in which water is present. I don't know how you do it. I raise my Bic Mach 5 to you as a sign of respect and awe!

7 Comments:

Blogger MelissaLB said...

I do think shaving legs while standing in the shower is quite an accomplishment- I should start putting it on my resume. I've got a tip for you Matt- use a razor with a more feminine name (such as "Venus")- perhaps it will help you in your leg shaving endeavors.

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Postmaster Steve said...

Oooh ... leg shaving...
cringe
Yeah, unless you're a lady with one of those showers that has a seat in the corner, I, too, salute you.
Matt- Melissa may be on to something there, but I'd advise against the kinds that 'vibrate' ... I think that's just asking for trouble.

10:48 AM

 
Blogger karen said...

I thought that seat in the corner of my tub was going to be a lifesaver when we moved in and i was pregnant, but came to find out that it is very cold and you can't reach the water for rinsing

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Lara said...

I remember when Missy, Karen and I lived together and our shower was so small we had to literally double over with very little room. I think my legs were a little prickly that winter...
kudos matt, now you are truly hard core.

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Rachel Wozniak said...

who is "postmaster steve"?

2:47 PM

 
Blogger Denise said...

That's our good friend Steve Post! He and his wife Lindsay are in our small group and go to Lakeshore. They are great! So fun! Lara and Jeff will get to meet them soon when they visit.

By the way, not to remove myself from a female pedestal, but I cut myself 80% of the time.

11:06 PM

 
Blogger kukailimoku said...

Swier. Uh. Why don't you just lube your legs and call it good?

12:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home