Sunday, February 04, 2007

Making a house a home




Lately I've been putting some time into making my house more like a house. I recenty painted my living room red. It is the same red that my dinning room is, so there is some continuity there. I was a little worried that it would be too dark, but I love it. I also have hung some things on the walls. The cat art is from some dear friends, the three Japanese art pieces are from Joel, and the paintings I did myself. My first attempt and I learned a lot from it. If i had it to do over, I would use thicker masking tape and a darker base color. I think they need a frame or something too. Anyway, like I said before: some people have kids, I have a house.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Wozniak said...

Nice artwork, Kool! They look as good as any Pollock original! Thanks for sharing!

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Denise said...

The cat art looks great! And I'm so glad you used the red in there--it's classy, warm, and shophisticated.

9:12 PM

 
Blogger kukailimoku said...

Jason - you are classy, warm and sophisticated!

There are no cats on my walls currently. I must change that.

Although the boys have some cats hanging from the ceiling.

11:10 PM

 
Blogger MelissaLB said...

Has anyone ever told Jason that he's classy, warm and sophisicated? I just thought I might.

10:25 PM

 
Blogger karen said...

sleek look you have there. i just visited my brother jeff in his first place of his own. it happens to be a block away from me, which is cool. we went to aldi together today :)

9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home